- italian beginners
Bentornato! Welcome back!
This is my second Italian for Beginners course, after the A0. If the A0 course was concerned with giving you the basis of Italian, now we move to more complex and interesting topics. Nothing exotic, but this will start teaching you more complex topics. You will be able to go beyond just speaking in short phrases about yourself.
This course is ok for beginners. We take for granted only the present tense and the basic structure of a sentence; if you realize you are behind, the A0 course if available for free for you to check anyways.
GOAL: If you finish the course and practice along the way, by the end you will be able to have a simple conversation in Italian.
- Vocabolary: items of clothing, name of days&months, the house
- The plural of nouns
- Adjectives and how to use them
- Introduction to Adverbs
- Irregular verbs: Fare, Andare, Potere, Dovere, Volere
- Italian culture: songs, the Constitution
- The Passato Prossimo (most used past tense)
- Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns
- Simple Prepositions
- Vocabulary: weather, objects, travelling, Italian holidays, the human body, politics, names of buildings and shops
- Gerund (-ing verbs)
- Imperfetto (another past tense)
- Imperativo (to give orders)
- Present Conditional (I would)
- Simple Future (I will)
- Verbi Incoativi
- Preposizioni Articolate
- Direct and Indirect Pronouns
- NE and CI particles
In this course, the focus will be on learning a few simple phrases, and the basic structure of sentence creation, creating the blueprint that will allow you to later add new words, tenses and idioms. The grammar will be rather basic at the beginning, but it is important to follow along the course carefully. It will get harder as you progress, and Italian is quite a bit harder than English grammar-wise. You don’t want to get lost.
This course targets English speakers and it is entirely in English. However, I also speak Spanish and French, and reference them at specific points during the course so to help students who should know these languages.
Here is what you get with this course:
- Over 40 classes covering the basics of Italian
- PDFs of each class, including the grammar topics covered
- Exercises in order to practice: translation of sentences, composition of texts increasing in complexity
- Many external, free resources to maximize your learning efficiency
- Possibility to interact with myself and the other students to create a great community!
This course of Italian for Beginners is what you need to kickstart your learning journey. Join me -see you in class!
- Lectures 42
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes